Monday, February 28, 2011

OK...March is here (almost)...

Let's end February on a positive note:

1) We have, indeed, have a new church home! I know it's the right church home b/c not only did a meet a couple with ties to Columbus but also to our church home in Columbus. Also, the minister preached on my biggest enemy yesterday--worry and mentioned one particular thing right in the middle that has been on my mind alot lately. My husband swears he did not say anything to him to prompt this but I almost fell out of my seat when he spoke on the topic.
2) I am not upset that our lower level is not put together as I'd thought it would be at this point in the transition (big shock to those who know my Type A personality and "everything has a place and everything has to be in its place" mentality.)
3) I have now driven into Fort Myer for a luncheon and to Georgetown to take the little one to Georgetown Cupcakes (aka DC Cupcakes for you reality show junkies like me) without any major drama. Did get turned around a little on Fort Myer but found where I needed to be without much difficulty.
4) It's gorgeous weather and Spring is definately around the corner--at least every day does not require a heavy coat, gloves, hat, scarf, etc.
5) Hubby is doing well at work and transitioning from into the "nurse world" nicely. The little one is still doing well in school and my older daughter is losing college even more this year!
6) Our youngest daughter lost her first tooth earlier in the month. She even wrote the tooth fairy a special letter to PLEASE let her keep it since it was the very first one she lost. The tooth fairy thought the letter extremely sweet (and I think it may have brought a tear or two upon reading it.)


So--amidst the rain and nasty weather on this last day of February, I am feeling pretty good, still, about our new home. Some days, I still feel homesick but the warmer weather, new friends, a new church and feeling more settled has helped! I am looking forward to a trip to Boston this summer with my sister in law for the Susan B. Koman 3-day Walk. We are planning some sightseeing time as well but looking forward to participating in such a special and wonderful cause. For me, watching my grandmother go through breast cancer as well as close friends over the years is the driving force to do all that I can possibly do.

I am ready for the all famous Cherry Blossom Festival to arrive here in DC. After years of hearing about it, I am super excited to see these beautiful trees for myself!

We have continued our sightseeing endeavors complete with a tour of the White House and Capital. Granted the White House tour had to be set up through a State Representative but it was worth the wait to see the excitement in my little one's eyes!

Did I mention I have a new niece or nephew on the way?? That's right, my brother and his wife are expecting baby #3! I could not be happier!!

So goodbye February! You have been a good month!! Hello March!

No comments:

Post a Comment