Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 1 of packing..

So they are here---4 of them each in one room of my house. We have the things we will take in my van situated in a certain area of our house. The packers are very nice. They have been very polite, asking about individual items and what we would like done with them. I stole a few minutes away to write this, write a letter of recommendation for a friend who is working on his Master's degree and eat a little lunch. It's odd watching everything you have being packed in boxes, labeled and placed away in a nice orderly fashion for pick up later in the week. So that's it. I have always heard that when the Army moves you it's not as much work on you but amazingly I feel just as tired as when we moved in the house 4 years ago. I find it coincidental that we moved into our beautiful home 4 years ago just after it was completed being built. I unpacked our things and along with them, unpacked our Christmas decorations. It appears that I will be doing the same in Virginia. First order of business however is to find a school for our baby. We have 2 lined up to see the first work day after we arrive and I am hopeful one of them will fit us. They are both Christian private schools so I'm excited that we found them. I know every place has it's faults including private schools but I just feel very strongly that keeping her in that environment is a good thing. One of the schools even gives you a "sponsor family." Sorta like the Army designated a sponsor to service members--this school has a family that assumes sponsorship of you. This includes a "buddy" for your child out of his or her class. This "buddy" sits with them at lunch, introduces them and so forth. I like that! Yesterday we went on a class Cross Country Fun Run at Idol Hour Park locally and had a great time. Tomorrow is another field trip to a Science Center in Newnan, GA. I am excited that my little one will get those opportunities. My oldest daughter will stay in Auburn which is killing me. She's doing well and her changing schools was out of the question. My grandmother is coming home from the hospital (thank God) and so hopefully things will be alot better for my parents. It has broken my heart thinking about leaving my grandmother in the hospital so I am thankful she is coming home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment